Having had a very successful three years of the innovative Post Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management: Homelessness and Housing, delivered by London Southbank University and sponsored by London Housing Foundation, LHF has agreed to sponsor the course for a further three years from 2018-2020.
We are now inviting Expressions of Interest for 2018-2020 from organisations that may be interested in putting forward potential participants.
- The course lasts for one year (January-December)
- We can take between 12 and 18 participants
- All participants must be in a management position having at least 3 years’ management experience including people and finance management
- All participants must have the support of their organisations to attend the course which will demand attendance at course modules conducted over 2 semesters (Jan-May and Sep-Dec). Each semester will consist of two modules, one held on half a day a week for 7 weeks and one held on three blocks of 2 days. In addition, there is attendance at the short residential in January and a fair amount of personal study time. Successful students must complete written assignments for each module.
- LHF will pay for half of the core course fee leading to the PG Certificate and the sponsoring organisation pays the other half. The contribution from agencies will be between £1200 and £1600 depending on the numbers enrolled.
- In addition LHF pays for an introductory residential break and for the past three years we have also funded foreign study trips that most of the students have taken up.
LHF is especially pleased to be able to sponsor this course, now entering its 4th year. There have been some fantastic results and experiences:
- In the three years since its inception, 41 managers in homelessness services have gone through or are currently half-way through the course.
- In Cohorts 1 and 2 of the PG Certificate, 27% of students achieved distinctions, 65% merits and 8% high passes. Cohort 3, now half way through the course, appears to be doing even better.
- The LHF funded study trips have given course participants amazing insight into what is happening in homelessness in other countries and given them inspiration to improve services for and with homeless people here in the UK
- All students have told us that the benefit of undertaking study with a group of people all working in the same field and towards the same ends cannot be understated. There is so much learning to be had from each other.
- The course represents particularly good value for money, not just for sponsoring organisations, but for capacity building and potential partnership working towards our common ends.
Organisations that have put forward participants include a range of small, medium and large organisations. In cohort 3 we extended this to local and central government:
- Look Ahead Housing & Care
- Thames Reach
- St Mungo’s
- Evolve Housing & Support
- Stonewall Housing
- Albert Kennedy Trust
- 999 Club
- Westminster City Council
- Camden Council
- Kensington & Chelsea Council
- Depaul UK
- Finsbury Park Homeless Families
- Homeless Link
- New Horizon Youth Centre
- London & Quadrant Housing Group
- Providence Row Charity
- Connection at St Martins
- Riverside Care & Support
For more information on the programme content and selection process see: http://lhf.org.uk/leadership-and-management-programme/ and http://lhf.org.uk/2017-course-guide-and-course-flyer/
If you have suitable candidates in your organisation that you would like to put forward, please respond to this email at email@example.com and let me have initial Expressions of Interest by 5th September 2017 with the candidate’s name, job title and contact details and contact details for their line manager. You may submit more than one candidate.
Please let me know if you have any queries, and I look forward to receiving your expressions of interest.
Course Project Director for LHF